Rebecca L. Dana, M.S., CCC-SLP, P.C., SIPT-C, COM®
Speech Language Pathologist, 2006-Present
Provide speech, language, feeding, myofunctional and social skills therapy to clients in the areas of articulation, apraxia of speech, oromotor, sensory aversion, picky eaters, problem feeders, language, and pragmatics.
- Built and managed a diverse caseload in public schools and private practice.
- Assessed and developed treatment plans for patients with oral dysphagia, cognitive-linguistic challenges and language impairments.
- Assessed and developed treatment plans for patients with oromyofunctional disorders.
- Worked closely with dentists, dental hygienist, orthodontists and ENTs to provide pre-operative and post-operative treatment following lingual, labial and buccal revisions.
- Create and carry out weekly lesson plans for dyslexia and social thinking.
- Participate in annual IEP meetings related to IEEs for speech and language disagreements.
- Increased verbal output for low cognitive and motor impaired individuals on the Autism Spectrum diagnosed with Childhood Apraxia of Speech and gross motor dyspraxia.
- Increased joint attention and learning readiness through sensory regulation therapy.
Rebecca graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology in 2004. I received her Master of Science degree in Communication Disorders from the University of Texas at Dallas in 2006. Holds her Clinical Certification of Competence through the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association and is a licensed and registered member of the Texas Speech-Language and Hearing Association.
- PROMPT Certified therapist. Provides parent and caregiver training for carry over strategies required to facilitate motor speech targets in different environments.
- SIPT Certified. Her training in Sensory Integration allows her to give the Sensory Integration and Praxis Test.
- Attended the intensive mentorship program through the STAR center to become a sensory therapist.
- Certified Orofacial Myologist (COM) in 2021.
- Certified provider for The Listening Program from Advanced Brain Technologies.
- Certified provider for Interactive Metronome and the Interactive Metronome Home Program.
- Beckman Oral Motor tissue release
- Oral Placement Therapy
- O.S. Approach to Feeding
- Sensorimotor Approach to Feeding
- SCERTS (Social Communication, Emotional Regulation, and Transactional Support) Model, which is a comprehensive educational approach for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Tethered Oral Tissues Specialty
- Understanding the Orofacial Complex